5. The buyer publishes the Quick Quote or Other Solicitation opportunity to vendors.
6. The eVA system compares the buyer's commodity code to the commodity code in your eVA
account looking for a match to determine whether or not you want to be notified of that
7. One example of a match is:
a. The buyer uses a class code of 005 (00500) - Abrasives.
b. You have an item code in your account that starts with 005, for example 00570 - Pumice
Stone. The system finds this as a match and you are notified.
8. Another example of a match is:
a. The buyer uses an item code, for example 00570 - Pumice Stone.
b. You have the class code 00500 - Abrasives in your account. The system finds this as a match
and you are notified.
9. Now compare the commodity codes in your account with the Commodity Code book link above to determine which ones you want to remove, if any or add. Pay particular attention to the Class Codes that end in 00. Often times Class Codes include a wide range of descriptions of Item Codes .
If you would like to change the commodity codes in your account and either reduce or increase business opportunity notifications, follow these steps: